Saturday 19 December 2009

I am a Shakespeare-liking cat

I have been watching the First Part of King Henry the Fourth. I like Harry Hotspur, he is a good baddy. I like Sir John Falstaff, he is a very silly manny. And I like Prince Henry, he is a good protagonist as he starts off silly like Falstaff but he shows he is brave and a prince by the end. King Henry the Fourth is not in it that much when you think that the play is named after him. He was a baddy in Richard II, who was nice and was played by Derek Jacobi. My best bit is the big fight at the climax, but I also like it when Harry Hotspur mentions cats.

"I had rather be a kitten and cry mew
Than one of these same metre ballad-mongers;
I had rather hear a brazen canstick turn'd,
Or a dry wheel grate on the axle-tree;
And that would set my teeth nothing on edge,
Nothing so much as mincing poetry:
'Tis like the forced gait of a shuffling nag."

I have had a happy Caturday because I got to watch Shakespeare.

No comments:

Post a Comment