Sunday 24 May 2015

Eurovision 2015

Yesterday we had the biggest, best and most fabulous cat party of the year, for Eurovision!

This year it was won by Sweden with a great song by Måns Zelmerlöw, narrowly beating the Russian baddys into second place. I was a happy cat that Sweden won, he deserved it and was helped by his cartoon manny friends.

I also liked the songs by Israel and Italy and Poland, but I thought the United Kingdom entry was the best even though I am in United Kingdom so couldn't vote for them even if I had thumbs to use the telephone to vote.


I thought the United Kingdom song was the most fun this year. Sadly there were no comedy or silly songs at all this year, and lots that were treating Eurovision as Serious Business.

I was disappointed that hardly any mannys in Eurovision agreed with me, as United Kingdom only got 5 votes from the whole of Europe. They must have just thought that other songs were even more fabulous, which I don't think any cat could really complain about as all of the songs were fabulous in lots of different ways.

Although maybe that does explain why some mannys in United Kingdom want to leave the European Broadcasting Union (EBU for short, sometimes EU for even shorter), then they could set up a Commonwealthvision Song Contest with United Kingdom, Australia and whoever else is in the Commonwealth... Israel and Azerbaijan maybe, I'm not sure.

Even then, United Kingdom probably still wouldn't win.

No comments:

Post a Comment