Tuesday 23 March 2010

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

What comes after Star Trek 4: Voyage Home? I found out there is a next film. I thought it would be Star Trek V, because Henry V came after Henry IV and Henry VI was after Henry V. But Duncan says the next film is Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. I was on best behaviour again so Duncan would let me see it and now I have seen it.

"But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?"

This was a very good film. The baddy was a Klingon with an eyepatch like Travis and he liked Shakespeare and wanted to make him into a Klingon (or something, I got a bit confused). Mr. Spock was very clever and found out who the baddys were. Captain Kirk and Dr. McCoy got captured by the Klingons but they were brave and escaped. Captain Kirk kissed a girl but she turned into another Captain Kirk and had a fight. Ooooo, that gives me an idea for a story...


I didn't understand the bits about Shakespeare though. The Klingons liked Shakespeare, but they though the undiscover'd country was the future and it's not, it is death. I think the baddy just liked the way the words sound. Silly Klingon manny. And he looks like Travis.

Spot the difference! Hint: one is Travis.

I have now seen all of the Star Trek films with Captain Kirk in them. I have seen Star Trek 1: Motion Picture (long film is looooong), Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan (my favourite, "Khaaaaan!"), Star Trek 3: Search for Mr. Spock, Star Trek 4: Voyage Home, and Star Trek VI is the last one.

It is a happy ending for Captain Kirk who is my best hero except for Avon, and it is a happy ending for me, I am a happy cat. I still have lots of the original series to watch if I want to see Captain Kirk again.

No comments:

Post a Comment